Wings Up Summer Tuition Grant
Fast Forward to Graduation with the Wings Up Summer Tuition Grant
The Wings Up Summer Tuition Grant is an initiative set forth by Our Lady of the Lake University to help students stay on track to graduate while helping to ease some of the financial burden at the same time.
Through the grant program, juniors and seniors can take up to eight credit hours (average of two courses depending on the credit hours of individual courses) during the summer tuition free (certain requirements apply). Summer semesters for undergraduates include traditional Summer I, Summer II, Summer III, Fast Track A and B sessions, Fast Track A and B Weekend Sessions, and Houston and San Antonio Weekend Sessions.
- Undergraduates who have completed at least 60 credit hours by the end of the spring 2019 semester.
- Students must have taken a minimum of 30 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters prior to the summer that the grant is awarded.
- This grant is awarded based on a student's earned course credits by achieving a passing grade of D- or higher in each course of the qualifying fall and spring semesters.
How to Apply
Students do not need to apply for the grant. The grant is available after students have taken a minimum of 30 credit hours combined in the previous fall and spring semesters. Students can take any combination of credits during the fall and spring semesters to reach their 30 credit hours. The grant becomes automatically available.
- Grant recipients must take the summer course(s) immediately following the qualifying fall and spring semesters. If the student chooses not to enroll in a summer course (s), the available grant funds will go unused. It will not be applied to their OLLU account balance. The awarded hours for one summer cannot be carried over to future summer semesters.
- All grant recipients must be pre-registered full-time for the fall semester to follow the summer award, with the exception of seniors who are applying to graduate at the end of that summer semester.
- Fall and spring courses must be completed with a passing grade of D- or higher to meet the minimum of 30 earned college credits.
- The student must maintain a current account balance and resolve any outstanding holds before the grant can be applied for the summer semester registration.
- Summer semesters for undergraduates include Summer I (June), Summer II (July), Summer III (June-July), Fast Track A and B sessions, Fast Track A and B weekend sessions, and San Antonio and Houston weekend sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
No paperwork will need to be completed by the student. Eligibility is determined after grades have been posted for the qualifying spring semester.
Yes, students can split the credit hours. For example, a student can take 3-4 credit hours (depending on the course) in Summer I, then take another 3-4 credit hours in Summer II or Summer III. Students are encouraged to enroll in the full 6-8 credit hours for the summer semester.
No, courses must be taken at OLLU to receive the grant.
The grant is awarded based upon a student's 'earned' course credits by achieving a passing grade of D- or higher in each course of the qualifying fall and spring semesters. Students on academic probation and Enforced Scholastic Withdrawal may be eligible if they have successfully completed 30 hours combined in the fall and spring semester. Only credits earned at OLLU will be counted upon meeting eligibility. Transfer hours are not counted as earned credit hours.
No, students receiving any additional awards will receive the higher of the two.
OLLU students with approved cross-registration at UIW or St. Mary's would qualify. Only credits earned as OLLU credits will be counted upon meeting eligibility. Transfer hours are not counted as earned credit hours.
Yes. The grant will only cover regular tuition. It will not cover fees or the cost of books for courses. Students will be responsible for those fees. If applicable, within selected courses, students are responsible for science fees.
Note: Students need to make payment arrangements for these fees. Contact the Student Business Office at 210-431-3929 or 800-436-6558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Eligible students will be charged as usual and the grant payment will be applied automatically, so there will be no need to pay up front unless it is for a course registration for additional hours beyond the eight hours covered by the grant.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 210-431-3960 or 800-324-4310 or email@example.com.
Contact the Student Business Office at 210-431-3929 or 800-436-6558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Registrar's Office at 210-431-3959 or 800-436-6558 or email@example.com.
If you choose not to enroll in summer course(s), the available grant will go unused. It will not be applied to your OLLU account balance. The awarded hours for one summer cannot be carried over to future summer semesters.
No. The awarded hours must be used in the summer immediately following the fall and spring semesters when the qualifying hours were completed.
No, lack of success in the awarded summer course will not require repayment.