Admitted Students (International)
Congratulations on Becoming a Saint!
Now that you have been admitted at Our Lady of the Lake University, here are your next steps:
Check your Application Status Page regularly. This is where you will find your acceptance letter and credentials needed to access “Self-Service” where you can to view your scholarship status.
1. Getting Started
- Your temporary password and more information on this step are available on your Application Status page.
- Your OLLU email and password will provide you access to OLLU technology systems (including the OLLU Student Portal, Blackboard Learning Management System, Office 365 and other systems).
The enrollment deposit will be applied to your tuition bill after you attend an advising and registration appointment.
$100 Deposit FeePay Your Deposit
$250-$500 depending on program. Deposit requirements will be communicated by your OLLU International Admissions Counselor.Pay Your Deposit
2. June 1 Priority Date
Before June 1, you should complete the following steps
- Send Your Passport and Financial Documents
- After being admitted and receiving an estimate for the cost of attendance, you must submit your passport and financial documents to your OLLU International Admissions counselor before OLLU can generate your I-20.
- Receive/Return Your I-20
- Refer to the Guide to Studying in the States website for specific requirements.
- Upon receipt of your I-20, be sure to sign (in blue ink) and return to your OLLU International Admissions Counselor as soon as possible. Scanning a copy of the completed document and e-mailing is acceptable.
- Visit your home embassy and secure your F-1 student visa. You should bring a printed and signed hardcopy of your I-20 with you to the embassy.
- Click here to apply for a visa to travel to the United States .
- Click here to submit your I-901 fee.
- Sign up to attend the virtual Lake Day International Onboarding Connection (the virtual
Lake Day will take place June 29 at 11 a.m. CST).
Sign up for Student Orientation
- Request your Official Final Transcripts and Official Test Scores, if not done previously, from your home institution to submit to your OLLU International Admissions Counselor.
3. July 15 Priority Date
Before July 15, you should complete the following steps
This step is available in the OLLU Application Status page within three days after submitting the $100 enrollment deposit. Once you log in, click on the next steps tab to submit your housing application. You will not be able to submit the housing application if you have not submitted an enrollment deposit.
There is a separate $200 non-refundable housing application fee that must be paid upon submitting your housing application. This is in addition to your Enrollment Deposit.
Please Note: Students living in the residence halls are responsible for providing their own bed linens. If you do not wish to pack bed linens, you can order them online and have them delivered to your residence hall room. Order before July 15 to have them delivered in time for the start of the semester. Order Linens Online
- During your appointment, you will set your class schedule for your first semester. You must be enrolled as a full-time student to comply with F-1 student visa requirements. At OLLU, a full-time course load for undergraduate students is a minimum of 12 credit hours. Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- An academic adviser will email you with appointment options.
- Undergraduate students:
- Academic Advising Office Contact Information
- Phone: +1-210-431-3966 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate students will have their academic advising and registration appointment with the OLLU International Admissions Counselor.
- Undergraduate students:
4. August 1 Priority Date
Before August 1, you should complete the following steps
- Submit your Official Final Transcripts and Official Test Scores to your OLLU International Admissions Counselor, if you have not done so previously.
- International students are required to be insured by OLLU approved provider, Wellfleet insurance, and may not waive or substitute with their own policy. Additional information is available on the OLLU Health Services webpage.
Texas State law (SB 62) mandates that all entering students under the age of 22 provide a certificate signed by a health care provider or an official immunization record verifying that the student has been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis or has received a booster during the five years preceding admission to the university. Instructions for submitting vaccination record are available on the OLLU Health Services web page.
- Complete the required Student Rights and Responsibilities Training Modules provided to you after your Virtual Lake Day International Onboarding Connection experience. This information will be emailed to you. The deadline to complete the modules is August 14, 2022.
- Share your flight information and your ground transportation arrangements from the airport to campus with your OLLU International Admissions Counselor and Athletic Department Coach (athletes only).
- If you do not have transportation arrangements from the airport, your OLLU International Admissions Counselor and/or Athletic coach will contact you regarding options.
- Residential Life first-semester international student check in is Friday, August 5, 2022.
- Send a copy of your flight itinerary and details regarding your transportation from the airport to email@example.com
- Upon arrival to campus, please check in at the Residence Life Office located in Lake View Apartments, building 7 on the Campus Map
- After normal business hours and on weekends, contact the on-call Resident Assistant at +1-210-749-6925 for help checking in.
- Please Note: Students living in the residence halls are responsible for providing their own bed linens. If you do not wish to pack bed linens, you can order them online and have them delivered to your residence hall room. Order before July 15, 2022 to have them delivered in time for the start of the semester. Order linens online