Social Justice Living-Learning Community
The Social Justice Living-Learning Community (LLC) at OLLU is a program in which first year students interested in social justice and social change live together in a community, participate in shared courses, enjoy fun and spiritually-enriching activities outside the classroom and engage in service-learning opportunities.
As a member of the Social Justice LLC, you will:
- Have conversations about social change and the role of activism, civic engagement and leadership
- Move in to your shared residence hall (Flores Hall) with about 30 of your living-learning community peers
- Engage in community service opportunities
- Have the opportunity to attend outings with fellow Social Justice LLC students
- Network with peers, faculty and community members interested in advancing social responsibility and compassion
- Come to know yourself better through building community, while strengthening academic success
- Take classes with your LLC peers to learn and grow together
- Learn how faith and spirituality can propel social action and nourish social change agents
By joining the Social Justice LLC, you'll connect with a group of students from different majors and different walks of life who share your interest in social justice. These students will become your classmates, hall mates and friends. You will on the same floor in the same residence hall, take two courses together each semester your freshman year, and participate in theme-related discussions, special events and exclusive opportunities available only to students in the Social Justice LLC.
Social Justice LLC Inquiry
To apply for the Social Justice Living-Learning Community, submit the form below. Once you have completed the inquiry form, a member of the LLC team will contact you to provide more information and the application.
The first 25 students who successfully complete the application process will be selected. Students will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must be admitted to OLLU as a freshman before being considered.