Our Lady of the Lake University welcomes transfer students from other institutions and the armed forces and offers you the programs and support to help you build your dreams.
OLLU's transfer students prepare for careers and fulfilling lives through quality programs, strong academic advising, service-learning, internships and a supportive campus community. OLLU is known for its close-knit campus, and our size translates into opportunities for you in and out of the classroom. In addition, recent changes to our general education requirements make it easier to ensure more of your credits transfer directly to your degree program. These changes also make it easier to complete a double major or double minor.
Spring 2023 Transfer Scholarships
OLLU offers generous transfer scholarships ranging from $8,500 to $15,000 per year. These scholarships are renewable each year with satisfactory academic progress and full-time enrollment. Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) members are eligible for an additional $3,000 scholarship.
How to Apply
To be considered as a transfer applicant, you must:
- Be a high school graduate or GED recipient; and
- Successfully completed 12 or more academic college-level credit hours at the time of application
Follow the steps below to start the application process and make OLLU your new home.
Step 1: Complete Application for Admission
Use our online application or Apply Texas . Your application is also used to determine your academic scholarship amount.
All files must be completed by the following dates to be considered for admission:
- Fall – July 15 Rolling Admission – Applications will continue to be accepted after this date on a space available basis.
- Spring – Dec. 15 Rolling Admission – Applications will continue to be accepted after
this date on a space available basis.
Send all information to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
411 S.W. 24th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207-4689
Step 2: Send us your academic documents
Submit the following:
- Transcripts from every college or university attended
- If you do not have an associate’s degree, you also must submit an official high school transcript with date of graduation or GED
Admissions decisions are made as soon as all application materials have been received. Applying early is important since admission to OLLU is needed to ensure consideration for financial aid, housing, academic advising and registration.
Step 3: Submit your FAFSA
Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so we can determine your financial aid award package.
- The FAFSA can be completed as early as Oct. 1
- Make sure to use OLLU’s School Code: 003598, so our Financial Aid Office can receive your information and offer you an award package
Step 4: Visit OLLU
Join us for an online open house or schedule a campus tour to see all that OLLU has to offer. Check the calendar and RSVP for our next event.