Freshman Admission Requirements
Apply for admission as a new freshman if you have not attended college elsewhere (except for dual credit earned while in high school or during the summer immediately following high school graduation).
A minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4-point grading scale, based on satisfactory completion (or be in the process of completing) the following college-preparatory curriculum:
- English (4 years)
- Math (3 years - through Algebra II)
- Natural Sciences (3 years)
- Social Sciences (3 years)
- Foreign Language (2 years - includes American Sign Language)
Students who do not meet the 2.5 grade point average requirement will undergo a thorough review by the OLLU Admission Committee. Applicants may submit additional information in support of their application including a recent grade report, letters of recommendation, activity résumé, or a personal statement.
Deferred Admission Program
Students denied admission are eligible for OLLU’s Deferred Admission Program (DAP). This invitation-only program is for applicants who were initially denied freshman admission but upon successful completion of the DAP would like to be considered a “transfer” student.
The DAP is designed to introduce you to the demands of college-level studies, bolster your study skills, and establish a baseline college GPA. Successful completion of the program with an acceptable GPA will qualify you for an OLLU academic scholarship.
Important Priority Dates
Admission decisions are made shortly after all application materials have been received. Applying early ensures early consideration for financial aid, housing, academic advising and registration. All admission files must be completed by the following dates to be considered for admission:
- Oct 15 – Early Action. Students who complete their application by Oct. 15 will receive an admission decision before November
- May 1 – Regular Decision. Students who apply after Oct 15 will receive a decision on a rolling basis until July.
- Aug. 1 – Final Deadline. Students who apply after May 1 will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Sept. 1 – Priority Admission
- Nov. 15 – Rolling Admission. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date on a space-available basis.
ACT and SAT Test Information
OLLU’s ACT Code – 4140
For ACT dates and times and locations, visit www.act.org .
OLLU’s SAT code – 6550
For SAT dates, times and locations, visit www.collegeboard.com .