Freshman Admission Requirements
Apply for admission as a new freshman if you have not attended college (except for dual credit earned while in high school or during the summer immediately following high school graduation).
NOTE: OLLU is pleased to announce a new test-optional admission policy which allows you to decide whether you want to submit a standardized test score (SAT/ACT) with your application for admission or not. Learn more about this policy .
- Application for admission – use the OLLU application or https://goapplytexas.org/
- Grade and test score requirements for students who opt to submit test SAT/ACT scores:
- For students with a 2.5 or higher grade point average (on a four-point scale), OLLU requires a minimum total score of 840 on the Evidence-Based Reading, Writing and Mathematics sections of the SAT or a 15 composite score on the ACT.
- For students with a 2.0-2.4 grade point average (on a four-point scale), OLLU requires a minimum total score of 880 on the Evidence-Based Reading, Writing and Mathematics sections of the SAT or a 17 composite on the ACT.
- For students who do not meet the grade and test score requirements listed above, OLLU
recommends submission of letters of recommendation, a résumé or personal statement
to supplement the application. These documents can provide a more complete picture
of the student and can improve chances of admission.
Learn more about OLLU's test-optional admission policy which allows you to decide whether you want to submit a standardized test score (SAT/ACT) with your application for admission or not.
Acceptance to Our Lady of the Lake University is also based upon:
- Strength of the student’s high school curriculum
- Type of courses completed in high school
- Responses to the Student Questionnaire component of the SAT or ACT examination
To be considered for admission, submit the following by the deadline:
- Application for admission – use the OLLU application or www.ApplyTexas.org
- Official high school transcript – ask your high school counselor to mail your transcript
to the address below or submit it electronically.
- Transcripts can be submitted as early as the end of your junior year, but official high school transcripts with graduation date must be submitted immediately after graduation
- SAT or ACT scores (OLLU test codes: ACT-4140, SAT 6550) if not choosing to go test optional.
Send all information to:
Office of Admissions
411 S.W. 24th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207-4689
Important Dates and Deadlines
Admission decisions are made as soon as all application materials have been received. Applying early is important since admission to OLLU is needed to ensure consideration for financial aid, housing, academic advising and registration. All files must be completed by the following dates to be considered for admission:
- Nov. 14 – Early Action – Students who submit a complete application and all required documentation by Nov. 14 will have an admission decision by Christmas break.
- May 1 – Regular Decision – Students who apply after Nov. 14 will be part of the Regular Decision period. Admission decisions will be sent out in a rolling-decision format until May.
- Aug. 1 – Final Deadline – Students who apply after May 1 will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Sept. 1 Priority Admission
- Nov. 15 Rolling Admission – Applications will continue to be accepted after this date on a space-available basis.
SAT and ACT Test Information
OLLU’s ACT Code – 4140
The ACT is administered on the OLLU San Antonio campus. For test dates and times, contact the OLLU Testing Center at 210-431-3998 or visit www.act.org.
OLLU’s SAT code – 6550
For SAT test dates, times and locations, visit www.collegeboard.com .