Futuro Leaders Scholars Program
The prestigious OLLU Futuro Leaders Scholars Program will recognize 20 academically talented, leadership-driven, first-generation collegebound students with a full tuition and fees (does not include room and board) scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The program is open to Texas high school seniors. Students must be nominated for the program by their high school principal (or designee) by Dec. 1, 2022.
Students in the inaugural cohort will be in the OLLU Futuro Leaders Scholars living-learning community that will build on their inherent leadership skills. They will:
- Take part in mentorship sessions with OLLU President Abel A. Chávez, MBA, PhD
- Live together on the same floor of the residence hall
- Take classes together
- Attend leadership-focused events and activities outside of class
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominated by their high school principal
- Be a first-generation collegebound student
- Be a first-time freshman for the fall 2023 term
- Possess an unweighted GPA of 3.75 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Apply for admission to OLLU by Dec. 1, 2022. Upon receiving admission, we will provide the student with instructions on how to complete their candidate profile.
- Enroll full time at OLLU beginning in fall 2023 and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- Live on campus as part of the OLLU Futuro Leaders Scholars Program Learning Community (LLC) (scholarship does not cover the cost of room and board)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at OLLU to renew the scholarship for up to four years of undergraduate study.
Thank you for your interest in the OLLU Futuro Scholars program. The nomination deadline has passed.
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to:
Carlos Laird, Director of Undergraduate Admissions