Drug and Alcohol Policies
Our Lady of the Lake University expresses its commitment to the complete educational development of the individual: intellectual, moral, social and spiritual. It attempts, moreover, to create a person-centered learning environment in which both academic and co-curricular programs and services provide creative alternatives responsive to the needs of individual students.
Flowing from its purpose, OLLU is commited to complying with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989, which requires OLLU to notify students and employees annually of certain information. This information must include:
- the standards of conduct prohibiting the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs or alcohol
- a list of applicable sanctions under federal, state or local laws for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol
- a description of the health risks associated with the abuse of alcohol or use of illicit drugs
- a list of drug and alcohol programs (counseling, treatment, rehabilitation and re-entry) that are available
- clear statement that the university will impose disciplinary sanctions for violations of the standards of conduct and,
- a description of those sanctions, up to and including expulsion or termination of employment and referral for prosecution.