We've got your books covered - no extra fees for textbooks rentals and course materials
The OLLU All-Access Program gives OLLU undergraduate students all course materials and textbooks rentals at no extra cost*. It saves you time, money and the hassle of searching online for books. OLLU All-Access ensures you have the right textbooks and course materials to be successful beginning on the first day of class.
Benefits of the OLLU All-Access Program
- You "rent" all of your course materials and textbooks for the semester at no additional cost and return everything at the end of finals week.
- Having required course materials makes it easier to be more successful in class.
- Get all required course materials conveniently.
- Easily access, manage and use digital course materials.
- Don't worry about getting the wrong book or wrong edition.
How does OLLU All-Access Work?
The OLLU All-Access Program takes the hassle out of book buying because textbook rental costs are covered as part of the course fees*. This allows every enrolled undergraduate student access to all required materials beginning on the first day of class. Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to the OLLU Bookstore. The Bookstore gets everything ready for you. All you need to do is pick up your required textbooks and materials during Blue Nation Welcome Weekend. You will need to check your Welcome Weekend schedule once it is available for location and times.
* Please note: The All-Access Program does not apply to students receiving employee grant in aid, receiving tuition exchange through the Council of Independent Colleges, or to high school students in the dual-credit program. Students in these programs will receive books at a discounted rate of $22.50 per credit hour; the fee will be automatically charged to the student account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You will not pay out of pocket for your required textbooks rentals and materials. All costs are covered. On average, students at other universities spend between $800-$1,000 a semester on course materials.
It might be both depending on the courses you are taking. If your required textbook is offered in a digital eBook format, you might receive the textbook in digital eBook format. If your required textbook is not offered in a digital eBook format, you will receive a physical textbook.
Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to the OLLU Bookstore. The Bookstore will get everything ready for you. All you need to do is pick up your All-Access materials when they are ready.
Spring 2023 semester
- Book pick-up for undergraduate students on the San Antonio campus will take place:
Jan. 12-14, 2023
11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Main Building, Room 311
- Books will be shipped to undergraduate students who attend classes on the Houston and Rio Grande Valley campuses, and to students taking classes through the National Online Bachelor of Social Work program.
- Students must have confirmed payment arrangements before books will be released. Note: Students on the five-payment plan option must make their first payment by Dec. 1, 2022. Students on the four-payment plan option must make their first payment by Jan. 2, 2023.
- The deadline to return books for the spring 2023 semester is May 15, 2023.
Failure to return books by the deadline will result in a charge to the student's account for the purchase price of each unreturned book.
If you drop a class or change sections, or if any of your classes are cancelled, please make sure to return materials to the OLLU Bookstore immediately. You should not hold onto them until the end of the term.
The final deadline to return textbooks from dropped or canceled classes is as follows:
- Summer Semester: Aug. 15, 2022
- Fall Semester: Dec. 12, 2022
- Spring Semester: May 15, 2023
If you add a class, you will receive an email from the Bookstore once your material is ready to be picked up.
No. Since students who study abroad are studying at a different university that has non-OLLU faculty, staff, course offerings, course schedules and policies, it is not possible for OLLU to coordinate to offer the benefits of the All-Access Program during a student's semester studying abroad. During study abroad, students are responsible for paying the cost of their textbooks. When students return to OLLU from studying abroad, they will be able to take advantage of their All-Access Program benefits.
Professors are responsible for notifying (on time) the OLLU Bookstore of materials needed for all classes. Only materials identified by your professor as "required" are included as part of the program. "Recommended" materials will not be part of the program, but may be available in the OLLU Bookstore for a fee.
All books must be returned to the OLLU Bookstore following finals.
- The final deadline to return your textbooks is Dec. 15, 2020.
- If you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert the rental to a purchase at the OLLU Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying an additional cost.
- Materials not returned to the OLLU Bookstore at the end of the semester will result in charges added to your Student Business Office account and a hold will be placed on your account until the charge is paid.
After the semester is complete, all course materials and textbooks must be returned to the OLLU Bookstore. However, if you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert from an All-Access rental to a purchase at the OLLU Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying a fee.