All OLLU students have 24-hour access to virtual medical and counseling appointments through OLLU Health, a service that allows students to talk with a physician or other health care provider via video chat or phone. These virtual appointments are available to OLLU students at no cost.
Staff in the Health Services Office on the San Antonio campus assist students with accessing medical care either through OLLU Health, or by helping students connect with an area health care provider and providing guidance on using insurance benefits. The office also provides information on preventative care and health education. Services are available to all current students.
Notice: Change of Services
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, OLLU's Health Services Office will be unable to accommodate any face-to-face appointments at this time.
The Health Services staff will continue to offer health resource information and direction over the phone at 210-431-3919 during normal business hours.
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Additionally, staff is monitoring all emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about Mental Health
- ULifeline - Links to information and contact numbers for national helplines.
- The National Institute of Mental Health - Provides information about the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of mental health problems, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) This site also has brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets and other educational materials.
- The Anxiety Network - Provides information on social anxiety, panic and generalized anxiety.
Information on Substance Abuse
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Treatment Navigator - Pointing the way to evidence-based care. Provides helpful information, guidance and a search tool to help look for treatment facilities and more.
Information about Physical Violence and Stalking
- The Texas Council On Family Violence
- The National Center for Victims of Crime
- The Stalking Resource Center
- The San Antonio Rape Crisis Web Site
- Arte Sana is a nonprofit agency for underserved survivors of gender and racial violence that promotes healing and empowerment through the arts and community education.
Information for Suicide Prevention
Free HIV Testing
Free HIV Testing - Funding for this program is courtesy of the Nonprofit Division of STD Check and in collaboration with LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. This program is 100 percent free due to funding through the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The communication of medical information via the Internet and/or email is prohibited by the Health Services Office. Review the Notice of Privacy Practices for more information .