The Health Services Office is the on-campus medical clinic for health needs and educational information. The professional staff offers services for minor acute and chronic illness as well as preventative care and health education. Services are available to all current students, faculty and staff.
- Treatment of minor acute and chronic illness
- Consultation for minor illness
- Referral services
- First Aid for minor injuries
- Asthma Management/ Nebulizer Treatments
- Female/Male physical exams
- Self-Breast Exam Training
- Self-Testicular Exam Training
- Blood Pressure Monitoring/Diabetes Screening
- TB Skin Testing
OLLU students are able to utilize most of the services offered by Health Services for free. The only fees that are assessed are for some vaccinations.
Although appointments are recommended, walk-ins are accepted depending on the Nurse Practitioner's availability.
Information about Mental Health
- ULifeline - Links to information and contact numbers for national helplines.
- The National Institute of Mental Health - Provides information about the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of mental health problems, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) This site also has brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets and other educational materials.
- The Anxiety Network - Provides information on social anxiety, panic and generalized anxiety.
Information on Substance Abuse
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Treatment Navigator - Pointing the way to evidence-based care. Provides helpful information, guidance and a search tool to help look for treatment facilities and more.
Information about Physical Violence and Stalking
- The Texas Council On Family Violence
- The National Center for Victims of Crime
- The Stalking Resource Center
- The San Antonio Rape Crisis Web Site
- Arte Sana is a nonprofit agency for underserved survivors of gender and racial violence that promotes healing and empowerment through the arts and community education.
Information for Suicide Prevention
Free HIV Testing
Free HIV Testing - Funding for this program is courtesy of the Nonprofit Division of STD Check and in collaboration with LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. This program is 100 percent free due to funding through the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The communication of medical information via the Internet and/or email is prohibited by the Health Services Office. Review the Notice of Privacy Practices for more information .