Applying for VA Benefits
Applying for VA Benefits® at the Financial Aid Office will help eligible veterans obtain financial assistance and information on benefits while attending OLLU.
The student must be eligible under one of the following programs:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31: VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32: Post-Vietnam Era VA Benefits®
- Chapter 35: Survivors/Dependents Education Benefits
- Chapter 1606: Selected Reserve-Montgomery GI Bill®
Important Information for all students receiving VA Education Benefits®
- Only courses listed on your degree plan can be certified for VA Benefits®. A veteran will not be certified for a repeated course unless the first attempt resulted in a failing grade.
- NO courses for which previous credit has been received may be repeated.
- Each student is responsible for submitting a copy of their payment arrangement paperwork to the Veterans Coordinator each term/semester they plan to use their VA Benefits®. Certification will not be submitted to VA until receipt of such paperwork.
- Must meet Standards of Academic Progress.
- Processing time for your VA check is eight weeks. If you have not received your check by the eighth week, call the toll-free number to verify the status. If a problem is reported by the VA, meet with the OLLU Veterans' Coordinator.
- V.A. Hotline: 888-442-4551 (888-GI BILL 1)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/index.asp .