The purpose of OLLUCares is to provide education throughout the OLLU campus in hopes of preventing and reducing violence and crimes on campus, including but not limited to: sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking.
OLLUCares was created to empower and let students, faculty and staff know that their well-being and personal safety matters.
Services and Support
Services and support by OLLUCares are provided through a confidential adviser. These are provided to students, faculty and staff, regardless of sex, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or national origin.
Confidential advisers are trained to provide confidential services to students and university employees. Unlike a responsible employee, a confidential adviser is not obligated to disclose information received from a person who is the survivor of a crime (sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking), unless otherwise required to disclose by law.
Services provided by confidential advisers include:
- Meeting with survivor to discuss civil and criminal options, personal safety planning
- Accompanying survivors to meetings with law enforcement
- Accompanying survivors to medical or mental health appointments
- Assist in obtaining protective orders
- Making necessary classroom and housing adjustments
- Providing temporary housing
- Accessing campus and community resources
Our confidential advisers are dedicated to preventing sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking through our education and outreach programs on campus and in the community.
The following individuals have been designated to serve as Confidential Advisers for Our Lady of the Lake University under the OLLUCares program: