This is the information page for the OLLU Emergency Alert System (OLLU Alert). In the event of a campus weather or public safety emergency, the OLLU Emergency Alert System will be activated.
The OLLU Alert System uses voice, text and/or email messages to alert the OLLU community in the event of an emergency. Messages are sent to cell phones, home phones, university phones/speakers and/or email addresses.
In extremely time-sensitive emergencies, prerecorded messages will be sent out to alert the community that an emergency situation is taking place. The prerecorded messages allow for the fastest activation of the OLLU Alert System. A prerecorded message will be followed by additional messaging when information is available.
Prerecorded messages fall into three categories:
Public Safety Emergency
This prerecorded message could be activated for a variety of emergencies including threats from individuals or other situations that might endanger the community.
This prerecorded message would be activated in the event of a rapidly approaching weather-related threat.
This prerecorded message would be activated if shots were fired on campus.
- OLLU social media
- OLLU email system
- OLLU campus phones and speakers
- Updates to this web page
- Additional messages through the OLLU Emergency Alert System -- voice, text and email
Keep your contact information updated
If you change your phone numbers during a semester, please provide updated information to the university.
Cell Phone Number
To update the cell phone number where you receive text messages through the myOLLU Portal (available from the university website) and follow these steps:
- Select the menu button located at the top right of any page on the website.
- Select the appropriate group (either Current Students or Faculty/Staff)
- Use your OLLU username and password to log in
- Under "LInks" select "Self-Service/MAP" and "Financial Aid"
- When the Self Service window opens, click on the Menu bar at the top left
- Select "User Options" and then select "About You"
- Scroll to the "Phone Numbers" section and review the phone number listed in the "OLLU Emer Alert Text #" section
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the number, then select "Confirm" at the top of the "Phone Numbers" section.
For detailed instructions on how to review/update your cell phone number, including step-by-step screen shots, visit the ITS News and Information site on SharePoint.
Home Phone Number
To update a home phone number where you receive voice messages, please contact the appropriate office:
Human Resources Office
Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Office
If you would like to opt out of the Alert System text messaging, visit the Contact Information Update page online. The Contact Information Update form allows you to opt out of text messaging, but you will still receive voice and email messages. OLLU email addresses cannot unsubscribe from this system.
OLLU will periodically test the OLLU Alert System to assure it is working properly. The tests will be announced ahead of time through communication in the university's weekly newsletter, the "Lake Weekly." The test message will clearly state that we are conducting a test.