Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Admissions to the Master of Arts will be determined by the Department of Education in the College of Professional Studies. The department will consider any materials that an applicant presents, but a completed application must include all listed below and will not be considered until a file is complete.
- Completed OLLU application and non-refundable application fee for admissions myapp.ollusa.edu/apply
- Official and sealed transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where a degree was conferred; student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4-point scale) on undergraduate work attempted for the baccalaureate degree and 3.0 for the last 60 semester hours
- Copy of Driver’s License or State issued ID (needs to match the name student wants on their certification)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources (submitted online through application site)
- Philosophy of Teaching Statement
- Texas Educator - Code of Ethics
- FERPA Consent to Release Educational Records and Information form
- TExES Practice Exam - Contact Belinda Granados at email@example.com, to schedule a date; there is no cost for this exam currently
- $10 fee for a criminal background check will be required once admitted; if applicant feels there is something in their background that may hinder a placement, it is recommended that background check be completed prior to admission
NOTE: International students or applicants whose primary language is not English must submit an official score from the paper based or computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The deadline for submitting a completed application is April 15 for summer admission. The Master of Arts in Teaching program only accepts students for start in the summer.