Spring 2021 Graduation Info and Schedule
Regalia Pick-Up Information
Houston and Rio Grande Valley Campuses
Pick up on campus:
Week of April 19, 2021
During regular office hours
Houston campus graduates should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rio Grande Valley campus graduate should email email@example.com
San Antonio Campus
Pick up on campus:
April 20, 2021
11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Main Building, Renaissance Parlor
San Antonio campus graduates should email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who do not pick up regalia on campus, regalia will start shipping to home addresses after April 20, 2021.
May 7, 2021
San Antonio Campus
Hybrid Commencement Exercises
Saturday, May 8, 2021
9-10 a.m. -- Veteran's Graduation Ceremony -- WebEx Event
11 a.m.-Noon -- Baccalaureate Liturgy and Ring Blessing -- Facebook Live from Sacred Heart Chapel
3:30-4:45 p.m. -- Hooding Ceremony for Doctoral and MFA Candidates -- Thiry Auditorium
5-5:30 p.m. -- Hybrid Commencement Address Ceremony -- Livestream from Sacred Heart Chapel
5:30-7 p.m. -- Drive-up degree conferral and photo with president -- Front of Main Building
NOTE: Links for WebEx and live streaming will be provided on this page on the day of the events.
Virtual Commencement Address Ceremony will be live streamed to allow students to view the official commencement addresses from their preferred devices in their vehicles.
After commencement addresses, graduates will be able to proceed through the Main Building Plaza, in their vehicles, to receive their diploma, have their picture taken with President Diane E. Melby and have their degree conferred in front of the Main Building. Graduates will exit their vehicles to take a graduation portrait (at Elliott House), a portrait with President Melby and have their degree conferred (in front of Main Building). Guests will remain in the vehicle but will be able to view the graduate having their degree conferred as the vehicle will be allowed to drive in front of the commencement stage.
See route map.
Line-up will begin at West Gate entrance off Commerce Street starting at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: 24th Street will be closed to all traffic between Commerce and César Chávez Streets from Noon-10 p.m. Graduates must enter through the Commerce Street gate.
- PhD, PsyD and MFA graduates attending the Hooding Ceremony will park in Lot J and proceed to Thiry Auditorium. NOTE: 24th Street will be closed. Doctoral and MFA candidates will access Lot J through Cesar Chavez Street. PhD, PsyD and MFA graduates will have an opportunity to take a graduation portrait (at Elliott House) prior to the hooding ceremony.
- Bachelor’s and master’s graduates will enter through Commerce Street and remain in vehicles during the Commencement Address Ceremony; procession for degree conferral will begin following the Commencement Address Ceremony.
- All graduates are asked to arrive on campus no later than 6 p.m. if you wish to participate in drive-up degree conferral.
- All graduates and guests will be required to check in and complete a COVID questionnaire upon arrival to campus and prior to participating in procession.
- All employees, visitors and students coming to OLLU campuses will wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while on campus.
- Each graduate will be allowed one vehicle for the diploma pick-up procession.
- Each graduate should provide their own vehicle. The university does not have rental cars.
- Graduate should be seated in the front passenger seat and should not be driving the vehicle.
- Guests must remain in the vehicle while driving on the Main Plaza.
- Graduate may only exit the vehicle when instructed to do so and must return to their vehicle when instructed to do so. (Graduates will be asked to exit the vehicle to take their official graduation picture, receive their diploma, have their degree conferred and receive their alumni gift).
- The following vehicles are not allowed for use in the procession: Eighteen-wheelers,
Trailers, Travel Trailers, Charter Buses, RV’s, Party Buses and Bicycle bars are not
- Please note limousines are allowed. Elegant Limousine in San Antonio offers OLLU special rates. Please contact them at 210-225-5466 or at www.elegantride.us
- For guest safety, all tailgates, van/car doors, and hatchbacks must always remain closed.
- All guests must adhere to TXDOT regulations and each passenger must have their own seatbelt while processing through the Main Plaza.
- Alcohol is not permitted while in procession.
- Vehicle decorating is encouraged.
- Texas Recognition will be available on campus on Saturday, May 8, 2021 for late regalia pick up and exchanges, and late ring pickups.