Spring 2021 Graduation Info and Schedule
Regalia Pick-Up Information
For those who did not pick up regalia on campus during the week of April 19, regalia started shipping to home addresses on April 20, 2021. Texas Recognition will be available on campus on Saturday, May 8, 2021 for late regalia pick up and exchanges, and late ring pickups.
May 7, 2021
San Antonio Campus
Hybrid Commencement Exercises
Saturday, May 8, 2021
9-10 a.m. -- Veteran's Graduation Ceremony -- WebEx Event at this link
11 a.m.-Noon -- Baccalaureate Liturgy and Ring Blessing -- Facebook Live from Sacred
Heart Chapel available at this link: https://www.facebook.com/OurLadyoftheLakeUniversity
Please note: Father Kevin Fausz, university chaplain, will provide an in-person blessing of rings and other articles while graduates are waiting in line for their degree conferral.
3:30-4:45 p.m. -- Hooding Ceremony for Doctoral and MFA Candidates and their families in Thiry Auditorium -- This event also will be live-streamed via Facebook Live at this link: https://www.facebook.com/OurLadyoftheLakeUniversity
5-5:30 p.m. -- Hybrid Commencement Address Ceremony -- Livestream from Sacred Heart Chapel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frav1BIWgYw
5:30-7 p.m. -- Drive-up degree conferral and photo with president -- Front of Main Building -- this event also will be livestreamed at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frav1BIWgYw
Virtual Commencement Address Ceremony will be live streamed to allow students to view the official commencement addresses from their preferred devices in their vehicles.
After commencement addresses, graduates will be able to proceed through the Main Building Plaza, in their vehicles, to receive their diploma, have their picture taken with President Diane E. Melby and have their degree conferred in front of the Main Building. Graduates will exit their vehicles to take a graduation portrait (at Elliott House), a portrait with President Melby and have their degree conferred (in front of Main Building). Guests will remain in the vehicle but will be able to view the graduate having their degree conferred as the vehicle will be allowed to drive in front of the commencement stage.
See route map
Line-up will begin at West Gate entrance off Commerce Street starting at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: 24th Street will be closed to all traffic between Commerce and César Chávez Streets from 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Graduates must enter through the Commerce Street gate.
- PhD, PsyD and MFA graduates attending the Hooding Ceremony will park in Lot J and proceed to Thiry Auditorium. NOTE: 24th Street will be closed. Doctoral and MFA candidates will access Lot J through Cesar Chavez Street. PhD, PsyD and MFA graduates will have an opportunity to take a graduation portrait (at Elliott House) prior to the hooding ceremony.
- Bachelor’s and master’s graduates will enter through Commerce Street and remain in vehicles during the Commencement Address Ceremony; procession for degree conferral will begin following the Commencement Address Ceremony.
- All graduates are asked to arrive on campus no later than 6 p.m. if you wish to participate in drive-up degree conferral.
- All graduates and guests will be required to check in and complete a COVID questionnaire upon arrival to campus and prior to participating in procession.
- All employees, visitors and students coming to OLLU campuses will wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while on campus.
- Each graduate will be allowed one vehicle for the diploma pick-up procession.
- Each graduate should provide their own vehicle. The university does not have rental cars.
- Graduate should be seated in the front passenger seat and should not be driving the vehicle.
- Guests must remain in the vehicle while driving on the Main Plaza.
- Graduate may only exit the vehicle when instructed to do so and must return to their vehicle when instructed to do so. (Graduates will be asked to exit the vehicle to take their official graduation picture, receive their diploma, have their degree conferred and receive their alumni gift).
- The following vehicles are not allowed for use in the procession: Eighteen-wheelers,
Trailers, Travel Trailers, Charter Buses, RV’s, Party Buses and Bicycle bars are not
- Please note limousines are allowed. The following limousine charter companies offer
special rates for OLLU graduates:
Phone - 210-225-5466
Email - Reservations@elegantride.us
Website - www.elegantride.us
ETI Limousine and Charter
Phone - 210-599-9999
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - https://etilimo.com/
- Please note limousines are allowed. The following limousine charter companies offer special rates for OLLU graduates:
- For guest safety, all tailgates, van/car doors, and hatchbacks must always remain closed.
- All guests must adhere to TXDOT regulations and each passenger must have their own seatbelt while processing through the Main Plaza.
- Alcohol is not permitted while in procession.
- Texas Recognition will be available on campus on Saturday, May 8, 2021 for late regalia pick up and exchanges, and late ring pickups.
- Vehicle decorating is encouraged.