English Visiting Writer Program
Thank you to the Kelly Fund at the San Antonio Area Foundation for their sponsorship of OLLU's Visiting Writer.
Each semester, an accomplished writer visits OLLU to work with students and give a public reading. For more information, contact Octavio Quintanilla, PhD, in the English Department at email@example.com.
Spring 2020 Visiting Writer: David Haynes
David Haynes is the author of seven novels for adults and five books for younger readers. He is professor emeritus of English at Southern Methodist University, where he directed the creative writing program for 10 years.
For the past twenty-three years he has also bee on the faculty of the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson College. He is the founder of Kimbilio, an international organization serving writers of the African diaspora, and in 2019 he concluded a seven-year term as a trustee for AWP, including a two-year stint as chair.
His most recent work, "A Star in the Face of the Sky," was published in 2013 by New Rivers Press.
Previous Visiting Writers
- Fall 2019: Carolina Ebeid
- Spring 2019: Ire'ne Lara Silva
- Fall 2018: Adrienne Harun
- Spring 2018: David Bowles
- Fall 2017: Robert Rivard
- Spring 2017: Antonio Ruiz-Camacho
- Fall 2016: J.R. Helton
- Spring 2016: Lex Williford
- Fall 2015: Gregg Barrios
- Spring 2015: Wendy Barker
- Fall 2014: Ito Romo
- Fall 2013: Laurie Ann Guerrero
- Spring 2013: Richard Blanco
- Fall 2012: David Rice
- Spring 2012: Douglas Goetsch
- Fall 2011: K.L. Cook
- Spring 2011: Andrew Porter
- Fall 2010: Catherine Kaspar
- Spring 2010: Pamela Johnston
- Spring 2009: Carmen Tafolla
- Fall 2008 - Alison Moore