College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is the center piece of Our Lady of the Lake University's liberal arts and sciences education mission. All undergraduate students take courses offered through CAS as part of their general education requirements. Employers continue to report that they are seeking OLLU graduates for the global market because our graduates possess a solid work ethic and strong moral values. These skills and values allow them to become ethical decision makers and servant leaders in companies, nonprofit organizations, graduate school, and their communities.
Students who major in programs offered through CAS are preparing for 21st century careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), health care, scientific research, education, government, nonprofits, law, media and the arts.
- Science programs that serve as pathways to top medical schools and other allied health graduate programs
- State-of-the-art video editing and graphic design studios
- Federal, state and city internships for political science majors
- Kinesiology program with focus on health professions, sports fitness and management or physical education
- One-of-a-kind sacred music program
- Award-winning student newspaper and online news site
- Theology and spiritual action program that helps graduate put their faith into action
- English program with an optional technical writing focus
- History program that uses cutting edge technology to explore the past