Charles Butt Scholarship for Aspiring Teachers
The Raising Texas Teachers (RTT) program awards the Charles Butt Scholarship for Aspiring Teachers. This scholarship provides $8,000 annually, renewable for up to four years, as well as ongoing training and development opportunities, mentorship from sitting public school educators and participation in a statewide aspiring teachers network facilitated by the Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation . This scholarship is available to students in the OLLU undergraduate teacher preparation program.
All Charles Butt scholars will receive the following forms of financial and personal support:
- A scholarship of up to $8,000 per year for up to four years
- Mentorship from a local educator or principal
- Participation in local and statewide cohort meetings of aspiring teachers
- Invitation and funds to attend the Raise Your Hand Texas Leadership Symposium
- Inclusion in an on-campus teaching scholar club
- Professional Support as they near graduation
- An online community for scholars across the state to connect
Charles Butt scholarship applicants must:
- Be applying to or be enrolled full-time in Our Lady of the Lake University's undergraduate teacher preparation program
- Be a Texas resident
- Have a strong academic record and history of achievement
- Demonstrate a commitment to teaching in either a majority-economically disadvantaged school or in a shortage subject area (math, science, bilingual, or special education) in a Texas public school.
October 1, 2021
January 21, 2022
Students are informed whether they move on to final interviews
Regional selection interviews conducted with scholarship finalists
Scholarship recipients notified
Visit the Raise Your Hand Texas website to complete application.
Deadline to Apply is Jan. 21, 2022Apply Now