Career Development Services
Handshake is an online resource provided by the CCDT that offers students/alumni:
- Access to internship and job postings
- Ability to schedule career advising appointments
- Registration for career events
- Access to career resources and articles
- Option to setup mobile notifications for new internships and jobs in their desired field
*Handshake App is available for Apple devices
Information for OLLU Students and Alumni
Search jobs, career events and helpful resources
Information for Employers
OLLU Students and Alumni post open positions, view student résumés and participate in our career events.Get started
The CCDT staff is available to meet with students and alumni to provide assistance with career planning and the job search process. This may include assistance with a résumé or cover letter, or gaining information about job search techniques or interview skills. You can also schedule an appointment to take a career assessment to learn more about your skills, values and interests in relation to academic majors and occupations. Those who wish to schedule an individual meeting with a CCDT Career Adviser can request an in-person or online appointment through Handshake . For assistance completing your appointment on Handshake, call 210-431-3971 or visit our office in Main Building, Room 123.
FOCUS 2 - Online Career Assessment and Career Planning
FOCUS 2 - Online Career Assessment and Career Planning Program is a self-guided, interactive career planning program designed to help you explore college majors and plan your career based on your interests, values, skills, personality and professional goals. FOCUS 2 can help:
- Identify the major areas of study at Our Lady of the Lake University that best match your assessment results.
- Integrate the results from your assessments to help you make education and career decisions.
- Store your results in an online Career Portfolio that you can update as often as you like.
First-time users: to create a new user account, contact the CCDT at 210-431-3971 or at email@example.com to receive an access code to create a FOCUS 2 account.
Returning users: visit the Focus 2 Portal
To review your assessment results, and for further assistance with career exploration and counseling, contact the CCDT to schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor.
Students and alumni may receive assistance with their résumés and cover letters by scheduling an individual meeting with a CCDT Career Adviser through Handshake . Appointments are available for in-person meetings as well as online appointments for students/alumni not able to visit with us in the office.
The CCDT now offers a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help students prepare for a job interview more effectively. Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help users improve their interview technique and build confidence. Tools included in Big Interview include:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of getting a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
We have designed a Four-Year Undergraduate Career Map for students to use to help them navigate the various stages of the career services and internship process throughout their collegiate career.
SEEK E-Portfolio Program
OLLU’s e-portfolio program, known as SEEK (Skills, Experience, E-Portfolio, Knowledge) helps students build extensive online portfolios to use when creating resumes for job and graduate school applications and interviews. The CCDT offers student training and support of Handshake as well as continuous refinement of your resume and e-portfolio. For more information about our QEP, please visit www.ollusa.edu/seek.
The CCDT assists OLLU students and alumni with developing the professional skills necessary to secure an internship or job. To help students prepare for the important interview appointments in their future, the CCDT now loans interview attire through its Career Closet program.
Students should visit the CCDT office and a staff member will walk them to the career closet to explore the inventory.
For more information on this program, contact:
Center for Career Development and Testing
Moye Garden, Level 022