PsyD in Counseling Psychology
DEADLINE: New students are admitted once a year (to enroll in the Fall). All admission materials must be received no later than January 15.
1. Evidence of a master’s degree in psychology or a closely related discipline of at least 45 semester hours from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree of less than 45 semester hours or in a field other than psychology may apply but should expect to do leveling coursework in addition to the doctoral requirements.
411 SW 24th Street
2. A cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or higher in the master’s program is required.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, including junior and community colleges must be submitted.
(Download special instructions for submitting transcripts from outside the United States and transcripts not in English.)
4. A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Verbal and Quantitative tests taken within the last five years must be submitted.
5. A satisfactory score on the GRE Psychology subject test taken within the last five years must be submitted.
6. Submit three letters of recommendation from professionals, with at least one from a former professor who can attest to the applicant’s promise as a professional psychologist.
7. The applicant must have pertinent professional experience.
8. A personal statement of background in psychology, expectations of doctoral program and professional goals must be submitted.
9. Satisfactory completion of the on-campus interview process.
10. Admission file must be complete by the deadline.
**Applications are available online at http://www.ollusa.edu/_graduate_admissions/index.asp or from OLLU Graduate Admissions Office:
San Antonio, TX 78207
Phone: 210-434-6711, extension 314 or 1-800-436-OLLU
Back to Top
Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Our Lady of the Lake University that fall under one of these areas: (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.