Bernadette H. Solórzano, PsyD
Professor of Psychology
Community Counseling Service Director
- PsyD, Counseling Psychology - Our Lady of the Lake University
- MS, Psychology - Our Lady of the Lake University
- BA, English - University of Texas at San Antonio
Office: Community Counseling Service,
590 N. General McMullen, San Antonio, TX 78228
Funded Projects: Family and Community Violence Prevention Program, Office of Minority Health ($750,000).
- Solórzano, B.H., Anderson, K.B., Lincón, D.M., Flores, A., Garate, N.L. (2008).Violence prevention with at risk latino inner city youth. In M.J. Adam-Heggins, L. Rodney, C. Kowalski (Eds.), Diverse approaches to family and community violence prevention: A national perspective (pp.94-101). Boston: McGraw Hill.
- Solórzano, B.H. (2007). A comprehensive review of the influences on reporting of sexual assaults. [Review of the book Reporting Sexual Assaults] Psychology of Women Quarterly, 31, 216-228.
- Solórzano, B.H. (2005). Review of family empowerment intervention by Dembo & Schmeidler. [Review of the book Family empowerment intervention: An innovative service for high-risk youths and their families]. Criminal Justice Review, 30, (3), 369-371.
- Dominguez, D., Solórzano, B. & Pena, E. (2012). Nonheteroxexual binational families: Resilient victims of sexual prejudice and discriminatory immigration policies. Journal of GLBT Family Studies,8, 496-508. Doi:10.1080/1550428X.2012.729954.
- Bobele, M, López, S.S., Scamardo, M. & Solórzano, B.H. (2008). Single-session/Walk-in therapy with Mexican-American clients. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 27(4), 75-89.