As a Catholic university sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University is a community whose members are committed to serve students by:
- Ensuring quality, innovative undergraduate
and graduate learning experiences;
- Fostering spiritual, personal, and professional
- Preparing students for success and
Approved by the Board of Trustees, May 27, 2010
Inspired by Catholic values and the heritage of the founding Congregation of Divine Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University is a community called to transform individuals as they discover their purpose in life. We aspire to be nationally recognized for our distinctive programs, our expertise in Mexican American culture, and our diverse graduates who lead and serve with faith and wisdom to improve the world.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, May 22, 2008
Our Lady of the Lake University is a Catholic community with a faith in a Provident God at its roots. The quality of our relationships defines our work toward the Mission and the Vision. Our core values reflect what we believe and live in our daily lives as Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and administration of Our Lady of the Lake University:
COMMUNITY: We are a community who values
- Respect for diversity of experience,
thought and expression;
- Transparency and accountability; and
- Productivity, creativity and innovation.
INTEGRITY: We engage in consistent, professional practice throughout our relationships
- Honesty, openness, and ethical behavior; and
- Congruence between ideals and behavior.
TRUST: We recognize our individual and collective roles and responsibilities. As loyal and
contributing members of the University, we demonstrate:
- Conscientiousness in performing our duties;
- Accountability to one another; and
- Responsibility for University resources.
SERVICE: We are each called to share our resources through:
- Use of our personal skills and knowledge for the benefit of others; and
- Promotion of the common good of the University and external communities.
Approved by the Board of Trustees January 26, 2012