Our Lady of the Lake University thanks you for your service to our country. We are committed to a making our unique brand of personalized education available to as many people as possible. OLLU was founded on a commitment to service. This heritage of services makes OLLU an ideal choice for service members, veterans, and their families. The university recognizes the sacrifices these men and women and their families have made on behalf of our country.
Active-Duty Military Program
Active-Duty military personnel, who are allowed to receive government tuition assistance of up to $250 per semester hour, may receive a scholarship from OLLU. With the scholarship and tuition assistance, all tuition costs are covered.
Spouses will receive the same scholarship as the active duty military person. Spouses will still be required to pay the remaining $250 per semester hour. All other associated fees (books) are not included in the scholarship and must be paid for by the active-duty personnel and their spouses.
All OLLU bachelor's and master's degree programs are open to all military. The active-duty scholarship is not available with all online programs or reduced rate programs.
*You must submit current active military card as proof.
VA Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the annual cap for private institutions. The annual cap for 2014-2015 is $20, 235.02.
Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate of 100% (based on service requirements) or their designed transferees are eligible for this benefit. Active duty servicemembers and their spouses are not eligible for this program. Child transferees of active duty servicemembers may be eligible if the servicemember is qualified at the 100% rate.
Therefore, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
OLLU will provide funding for 60 undergraduate students and 10 graduate/professional students.
Applying for V.A. Benefits
Applying for V.A. Benefits at Our Lady of the Lake University the Financial Aid Office will help eligible veterans obtain financial assistance and information on Veteran's Benefits while they attend Our Lady of the Lake University.
The student must be eligible under one of the following programs:
- A. Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
- B. Chapter 31: VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- C. Chapter 32: Post-Vietnam Era VA Benefits
- D. Chapter 35: Survivors/Dependents Education Benefits
- E. Chapter 1606: Selected Reserve-Montgomery GI Bill
Important Information for all students receiving VA Education Benefits
1. Only courses listed on your degree plan can be certified for VA benefits. A veteran will not be certified for a repeated course unless the first attempt resulted in a failing grade.
2. NO courses for which previous credit has been received may be repeated.
3. Each student is responsible for submitting a copy of their payment arrangement paperwork to the Veterans Coordinator each term/semester they plan to use their VA benefits Certification will not be submitted to VA until receipt of such paperwork.
4.Must meet Standards of Academic Progress
5. Processing time for your VA check is eight weeks. If you have not received your check by the eighth week, call the toll-free number to verify the status. If a problem is reported by the VA, meet with the OLLU Veterans' Coordinator.
6. V.A. Hotline: 1-888-442-4551 (888-GI BILL 1)