We provide full recreational services and fitness opportunities encouraging healthy lifestyle choices for every member of the University community.
OLLU students and staff are eligible to compete in intramural sports, while club sports are reserved for OLLU students. OLLU alumni are invited to utilize facilities during specified days and times of operation.
The Campus Recreation Department offers the following services:
Men’s Basketball, Volleyball, Racquetball, Bowling and the Spirit Club – Saints Cheer Club, Blue Star Dance Team and the Saints Yell Squad 5
Intramural and Recreational Sports
Co-Rec Softball and Volleyball, Co-Rec Flag Football, 5-on-5 Basketball, Fantasy Football, Saints Cup Golf Tour, Indoor Soccer, Tennis Tournament, 3-on-3 BB Tournament, Texas Hold 'Em, Home Run Derby Challenge, Racquetball Tournament, Wallyball Tournament, T-Ball Tournament, Root-Beer-Pong Contest (Free agent meetings held prior to each team sport).
Health and Fitness
Step Aerobics, Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing, Absolutely Flab-u-less, Total Body Toning and Water Aerobics (Classes vary each semester) – All classes are free.
Fitness testing and personal training sessions are available by appointment. Student Fitness Trainers are on staff to help participants achieve personal fitness goals. Contact the office to set up an appointment.
Facilities managed by the Campus Recreation Department are the following:
- Softball Field
The softball field is located on the east side of campus. The field is primarily used for the university's NAIA women's softball team. The field includes batting cages and a practice area. Seating is available for approximately 200 people.
- Soccer Field
The soccer field is located on the west side of campus. The field is primarily used for the university's NAIA men's and women's soccer teams. Seating is available for approximately 200 people.
- Tennis Courts
The tennis courts are located on the west side of campus. The courts were renovated in September 2014 and will be used primarily by the university's NAIA men's and women's tennis teams. Seating is available for approximately 100 people.
- Mission Baseball Academy
The baseball fields at the Mission Baseball Academy will be utilized by the men's baseball team. The team will play its primary season in the spring. Missions Baseball Academy is located at 5707 State Highway 151 (at Old Highway 90 across from the San Antonio Food Bank), San Antonio, Texas 78227. The phone number is 210-269-6725. Visit the website for complete directions at http://missionsbaseballacademy.com.
University Wellness and Activities Center (UWAC)
The University Wellness and Activities Center is the University's student and recreational center. The facility combines a comprehensive wellness program under one roof, houses offices that address the health, athletic, occupational, physical, and social needs of the University community. Groundbreaking occurred April 5, 1989. Once dedicated on January 15, 1991, the $4.2 million UWAC consolidated many offices of the Division of Student Life in one centralized location. The following areas are located inside the UWAC:
- Mabee Gymnasium (Made possible by the Mabee Foundation) -- Equipped with a mid-court divider curtain to allow for simultaneous basketball and volleyball games. The Gymnasium has seating for 1,600 spectators.
- Conference Rooms (Made possible in part by the Koehler Foundation and by a grant from Diamond Shamrock Refining and Marketing) -- The UWAC's Conference Rooms include three separate facilities that can open into a single conference venue. The larger of the rooms, UWAC 104, is equipped with a video projector, DVD/CD player, VCR, phone lines, dry erase board, and internet ports. The smaller rooms, UWAC 109 and UWAC 110, each are equipped with dry erase boards, phone line, and an internet port.
- Great Hall -- The USAA Great Hall is the University's "living room," with lounge areas for television viewing, video gaming options, relaxation, and group study, as well as game tables and snack tables. The "Wall of Support" features handprints of members of the Jubilee Circle, donors who pledged their resources to help make the UWAC a reality for the University community. (Made possible in part by USAA and by the donations of Dr. Burton E. Grossman, former University trustee.)
- Mendelson Dance Room (Made possible by a grant from Janice Mendelson, MD) -- Equipped with a floating wooden floor, full-length mirrors, and audio system. Aerobic classes are offered by professional instructors.
- Weight Room -- Furnished with weightlifting machines for upper and lower body workouts including Olympic free weights, dumbbells, and selectorized strength equipment.
- Cardio Theater -- Equipped with Nautilus weightlifting and cardiovascular equipment, stationary bicycles, treadmills, and steppers. Exercisers may choose from audiovisual options, including television, radio, and CDs. Racquetball Court Reservations accepted at the front desk. An observation deck is located on the second floor.
- Athletic Lounge -- The facility is for volleyball, soccer and basketball student athletes and is located on the second floor of the UWAC. It is a lounge area where student-athletes can study, watch television and relax. A film room and meeting room, as well as storage areas are also located in this area.
International Folk Culture Center (IFCC)
The International Folk Culture Center (IFCC), Inc. was created in 1995 to promote friendship, unity and mental and physical fitness through music and dance. Through a generous donation by Dr. Janice Mendelson, the IFCC operates to fulfill her mission to "understand each other." The IFCC hosts workshops and festivals for people of all ages in order to enrich their lives by providing cultural activities in which thy can participate.
The IFCC is equipped with two air-conditioned, spacious ballrooms. The second floor ballroom has large dance mirrors, private elevator access, and access to a fully-equipped kitchen. Both dance rooms have beautiful hardwood floors made for dancing. The second and third floor ballrooms are available for rental depending on availability. For more information about events held at the IFCC, click here to visit website.