Get started on your Journey
Our Lady of the Lake University offers a Master of Science degree in Accounting through the School of Business and Leadership that is designed for the working accounting professional seeking a generalist perspective of accounting. The program focuses on integrating accounting theory with practical application skills using analytical methods and processes, critical thinking and accounting-related case studies and scenarios of real-world business and accounting situations. OLLU’s accounting faculty members have extensive experience working in the accounting field and bring this experience to the classroom. They serve as mentors and work one-on-one with students to help them reach their career goals.
Degree plan and course descriptions
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Accounting/Finance Graduate Certificate - Certificate program is available for non-degree seeking students.
Students who complete the Master of Science program will have earned the advanced accounting hours necessary to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. In addition, students will be eligible for other accounting certifications, including Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
The program is offered on the weekends and can be completed in one year. It is designed for the working professional with classes that meet every other weekend to allow for a balance of work, family and school.
This business program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education, supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence on a diverse global scale.
- Application and nonrefundable application fee
- Senior standing as an undergraduate student or an earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- A 3.0 GPA or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate level work and a GPA of 2.5 or better in the undergraduate major
- A satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or Graduate Record Examination (GRE); test must have been taken within the last five years. An applicant who already holds a master’s degree is exempt from this requirement.
- Two references knowledgeable about the applicant’s managerial and/or professional performance
- A résumé highlighting managerial or professional work experience
Fall – Aug. 1
Spring – Dec. 1
Summer – May 1