Search Committee Members
An inclusive Presidential Search Committee composed of 17 members has been selected to represent the University’s multiple constituencies in the search. The committee includes members of the Board of Trustees, Sisters of the Congregation of Divine Providence (CDP), faculty, administrators and staff, a current student, alumnae, and leaders within the San Antonio community. The members include:
- Mike Edelmann, Chair - Immediate Past Chair of the Board of Trustees, Retired AT&T Senior Management
- Ruth Piña, Vice-Chair - Trustee, Alumna, Vice President-Human Resources, Valero Energy Corp.
- Mario J. Oliveira, Secretary- Executive Officer to the President and Board of Trustees
- Steve Blanchard, PhD - Professor of Sociology, President of the Faculty Assembly
- Frances Boynes - Alumna, Chief Financial Officer, George Gervin Academy & Youth Centers
- Sister Pearl Ceasar, CDP - Trustee, Alumna, Executive Director-Project Quest
- Ashley Guevara - Student, President, OLLU Student Government Association
- Carol Jeffries-Horner, PhD - Department Chair-CISS, incoming President of the Faculty Assembly
- Sister Rose Kruppa, CDP - Alumna, Former Trustee, Pastoral Assistant, St. Francis of Assisi Parish
- Michael Laney, PhD - Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Leah Larson, PhD - Professor of English, immediate past President of the Faculty Assembly
- Cathy Maule - Assistant Director-Marketing & Communications and Brand Manager
- Sister Ann Petrus, CDP, PhD - Trustee, Alumna, former OLLU faculty, Superior General-CDP
- Karen Reed - Alumna, Assistant Vice President-Finance & Facilities
- Veronica Salazar Escobedo - Alumna, Former Trustee, retired VP-San Antonio Express-News
- Patty Stoltz - Trustee, former personnel search consultant
- Gloria Urrabazo - Alumna, Vice President-Mission & Ministry
The members of the Presidential Search Committee have pledged to preserve the confidentiality of the search process for now and in perpetuity. Their confidentiality agreement is available here.
AGB Search, a nationally known and highly respected search firm, will assist the University in the search. Julie Tea, a leading and experienced consultant with AGB Search, will facilitate the search process, working with the search committee to identify candidates for president and assisting the committee in making its recommendations to the Board of Trustees.