Undergraduate Adult Degree Completion
--San Antonio Campus
--Rio Grande Valley
Online Degree Programs
International Transfer Students
International Graduate Students
Interactive Campus Map
STUDENT ADMIN SERVICES
Student Business Office
Course Descriptions and Degree Plans
Social Media at OLLU
INTERNATIONAL FRESHMEN/FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS
Required Documents for International Freshmen:
1. Application: A completed OLLU application. The name on your application must match your name as it appears in your passport. Apply online at
2. Application Fee: A nonrefundable $50 application fee.
You may use an international money order, a bank draft or payment on funds drawn on a U.S. bank account. Payment should not be made in currency, and we cannot accept stamps. If these alternatives are difficult, we suggest that you ask a friend or relative living in the U.S. to send the fee for you. Be sure to ask the friend or relative to include your full name with the fee.
Credit Card payment is accepted. Request a Credit Card Authorization Form by email from
. The completed form can be faxed to 210-431-4013.
3. Official Transcripts and Records: Submit all official senior secondary or high school transcripts according to the educational system of your country (generally the last three to four years of secondary education). If you are enrolled in the final year of secondary education at the time your application is submitted, you are required to submit official transcripts for the completed year within your first semester that you are enrolled at OLLU.
Transcripts are considered official if they have an original signature of a school official or an original school seal. Accepted signatures include the Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examinations, or the Ministry of Education.
Photocopies or other duplications of a transcript, such as notarized, faxed or scanned copies are not considered official. All transcripts submitted to OLLU are to maintain OLLU’s accreditation. The official transcripts will not be returned to the student.
a. If you attend more than one senior secondary school, we require an official transcript from each school, including U.S accredited high schools.
b. If you attended a U.S. high school, credit transferred from foreign high schools and listed on the U.S. transcript will be accepted.
c. Applicants whose educational system includes Grade 13 and Form 6 should submit all results completed at time of application.
d. Applicants whose educational system includes O-levels and A-levels will be required to send the completed O-level results and projected A-level results by the deadline in the first enrolled semester.
e. The transcript must indicate that the secondary school diploma was awarded. If not, then, a copy of the diploma must be submitted. If the diploma is not in English, there must also be an English translation.
4. English Translations: Applicants from an institution that does not issue a transcript in English must submit the native language transcript with an official English translation. If required, the diploma must also have an English translation. Official translations must be prepared by a recognized translation service and include all original seals and/or signatures.
5. Credential Evaluation Report: At this time OLLU does not evaluate international transcripts. The applicant must submit an official credential evaluation report from an OLLU approved credential evaluation service. A
list of the approved credential services is available online
The freshman applicant is required to have a credential evaluation that makes a general statement that the applicant has the equivalent of a US high school diploma. The credential evaluation report must state a cumulative grade point average (GPA). The GPA will be used to determine the amount of the International Merit Scholarship. For a listing of the international merit scholarships,
6. Official Test Scores: OLLU does not require the SAT/ACT for admission as an international freshman. You are encouraged to submit your scores for review of possible qualifying for Providence scholarships.
7. English Proficiency: Our Lady of the Lake University requires a high level of proficiency in English. This requirement will ensure that all students who speak English as a second language are able to participate fully in University life, both in and out of class. The Office of International Admissions will conduct a full file review considering all application materials submitted in application package to make a determination about the student’s level of English proficiency. Students who were born in a native English-speaking country but were educated in a non-native English-speaking country will, however, be required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement. Applicants, who have secondary education in countries where English is the primary or official language, will be exempt from the English proficiency requirement.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The English proficiency can be satisfied by submitting a minimum test score of one of the following:
a. TOEFL score of:
525 for paper-based test (PBT), or
71 internet-based testing (iBT), or
The institutional TOEFL score will not be accepted for degree seeking students.
b. IELTS score of 6.0 overall band
Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Photocopies or other duplication of scores are not acceptable. The TOEFL score must not be more than two years old. The institutional code for Our Lady of the Lake University for the SAT and TOEFL is 6550, and the ACT code is 4140. There is no institutional code for the IELTS examination.
IELTS test scores are verified online
c. Institutional Michigan Test given by appointment only in the OLLU Assessment Center
For information on alternatives to the TOEFL and waiver of English proficiency, send an email to
8. International Freshman Applicants are required to complete the sections from online application:
Section E - Extracurricular and Personal Resume Data
Section F - Essay
Section H - Recommendation
All required documents and credentials should be mailed to:
Our Lady of the Lake University
411 S.W. 24th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Questions/concerns about the application process should be directed to
Our lady of the Lake University
Maps & Directions
Copyright & Policies
© Copyright 2013, Our Lady of the Lake University, 411 S.W. 24th St., San Antonio, TX 78207 | Tele: 210-434-6711