EDUC 6372 DL - Leadership in Instructional Technology
Welcome! You are now in the virtual classroom for EDUC 6372 Leadership in Instructional Technology.
Please complete the following tasks:
1. Obtain an OLLU computer account through http://ccenter.ollusa.edu/forms/emailapp/ if you don’t already have.
2. Download and read the Course Outline.
3. Purchase the textbook (see required materials below).
4. Complete preassignment and send to instructor through WebCT drop box.
5. Complete Fullan Chapter 1 Template Assignment and send to instructor through WebCT drop box.
Fullan, M. (2001). Leading in a culture of change. San Francisco: Jossey- Bass. ISBN 0-7879-5395-4
For successful completion of course requirements, you should be able to log in to WebCT, and have access to a computer with Internet access, email, and Microsoft Office.
RECOMMENDED READING (for those new to online classes)
Draves, W. A. (2001). Learning on the net. River Falls, WI: LERN Books
American Psychological Assoc. (2001). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (5th ed.). Washington, D.C.: APA. (ISBN 1-55798-7901-2 paperback, ISBN 1-55798-790-4 hardback)
Preassignments – Due Sunday, August 26th @ 7 p.m.
1. Log on to Lake Online and go to the section in which you create your homepage. On your homepage, you are to introduce yourself. Include the following information: Name, Position, School/District, Location, e-mail address. Also add one or two sentences about yourself and your job/position. Choose the object that best represents you. Then write reasons why. Check if anyone else chose the same object, and compare reasons. You can see my introduction and object in the Getting Started section in Lake Online.
2. Then go to the dropbox and upload the following: Name three people from your past that you considered leaders. How are they alike and different? What were the characteristics that they had in common? List five characteristics that you believe are essential to being an instructional leader today. Have these leaders also been mentors to you/others?
3. The completed assignment in # 2 is submitted to the drop box in Lake Online.
FIRST ASSIGNMENT: Read Chapter 1 in the Fullan book, and complete the Template. Upload to dropbox by Sunday, September 2nd @ 7 pm. All assignments are due on Sundays by 7 p.m. (CST)
Log in to Lake Online
At the top of the page double click on Lake Online Log in Instructions; your username is your 7-digit ID number; initial password is webct.
Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Our Lady of the Lake University.