University Donations <<Back
Updated: 10:30 a.m., June 25, 2008
To make a donation:
- OLLU has set up the “Our Lady of the Lake Rebuilding Fund” to accept monetary donations.You can make a credit card gift: give here.
- Checks will also be accepted. Make checks payable to OLLU. Mail to: OLLU Development, 411 S.W. 24th Street, San Antonio, Texas 78207
- In addition, those interested can visit any Frost Bank location and donate to account number 01-0494593.
Many individual, corporate and private foundations have already stepped forward to make significant financial contributions to the rebuilding fund. An updated listing of those financial contributors will be available online very soon. Thank you for your patience as we relocate critical administrative offices.
Below please find a partial list of community agencies who organized collections and donated much-needed items.
The Valero Energy Foundation – the charitable arm of Valero Energy Corporation – pledged $1 million to OLLU. Click here for the full story.
Best Buy has donated 30 laptop computers for faculty use. Click here for full story.
The H-E-B Disaster Relief Unit set up several mobile trailers on campus to provide meals. Click here for the full story.
Spring commencement speaker Fernando C. Reyes, who is serving as this year’s Rey Feo LX, began his speech on May 17 by presenting OLLU with $10,000 from him and his wife, Norma Reyes. Click here for the full story.
The Westside Development Corporation (WDC) issued a formal resolution of support for Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) to assist the university in its rebuilding efforts and presented a $10,000 planning grant during a Community Assembly on Thursday, May 29 at OLLU's Providence Hall, Blue Room. Click here for the full story.
Representatives of Summit Christian Center present Our Lady of the Lake University with a $5,000 check to help the University rebuild the Main Building. The donation was presented to Jim Eskin, Click here for the full story.
Tino Duran, editor and publisher of La Prensa of San Antonio, presented President Pollack with $1,000, on behalf of the La Prensa Foundation that he and his wife Amelia direct, and has pledged to challenge other businesses to do the same. Click here for the full story.
- Baylor University offered 20 workstation computers and flat panel displays. Two staff members from school's ITS Client Services department delivered the equipment on Monday afternoon. Click here for full story.
Employees of the City of San Antonio donated $650 toward a gift card from Office Max. Many of those donating are alumni from OLLU and Providence High School. Presenting the gift card to President Tessa Martinez Pollack was Sonia Quiriño, who received a master's degree from OLLU in 2007. The City of San Antonio also offered CPI phones.
- The San Antonio Education Partnership has organized donations of $350.22 from OLLU alumni,students from Fox Tech High School and the Cesar Chavez March for Justice. Founder Jaime P. Martinez was present at the press conference to express his support. Click here for the full story.