--San Antonio Campus
--Rio Grande Valley
International Transfer Students
International Graduate Students
Interactive Campus Map
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS
1. Application: A completed OLLU application. The name on your application must match your name as it appears in your passport. Apply online at
2. Application Fee: A nonrefundable $50 application fee.
You may use an international money order, a bank draft or payment on funds drawn on a U.S. bank account. Payment should not be made in currency, and we cannot accept stamps. If these alternatives are difficult, we suggest that you ask a friend or relative living in the U.S. to send the fee for you. Be sure to ask the friend or relative to include your full name with the fee.
Credit Card payment is accepted. Request a Credit Card Authorization Form by email from
. The completed form can be faxed to 210-431-4013.
3. Official Transcripts and Records: Official transcripts are required from each post-secondary university or college attended. An official statement of the award of the degree or diploma is required for each degree completed. College work from one institution posted on the transcript of another institution will not be accepted.
Consolidated transcripts or provisional mark-sheets are not considered official. Please ask the registrar to send individual mark-sheets that list grades earned in each term.
Transcripts are considered official if they have an original signature of a school official or an original school seal. Accepted signatures include the Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examinations, or The Ministry of Education. Photocopies or other duplications of a transcript, such as notarized copies, faxed, or scanned documents are not considered official.
A final official transcript must also be sent upon completion of any courses in progress. Please note that all offers of admission are contingent upon satisfactory completion of any work in progress between the time of the application and the time of enrollment. In the case of specific courses from international schools, applicants may be required to provide course description information, translated into English. Course descriptions may come either from an undergraduate catalog or from course syllabi. Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs. Continuing education courses and courses that are remedial, technical, or vocational are not transferable to a graduate degree at OLLU.
If the transcript does not indicate that the degree was awarded, the applicant must submit a copy of the diploma. If the diploma is not in English, there must be an English translation of the diploma.
All transcripts submitted to OLLU are to maintain OLLU’s accreditation. The official transcripts will not be returned to the student.
4. English Translations: Applicants from an institution that does not issue a transcript in English must submit the native language transcript with an official English translation. If required, the diploma must also have an English translation. Official translations must be prepared by a recognized translation service and include all original seals and/or signatures.
5. Credential Evaluation Report: At this time OLLU does not evaluate international transcripts. The graduate applicant must submit an official credential evaluation report from an OLLU approved credential service.
list of the approved credential services is available online
The international graduate applicant is required to have a credential evaluation that is a course by course detailed evaluation, which will list all the courses taken and report the grades based on the US 4.0 grading system. The credential evaluation report must state a cumulative grade point average [GPA]. The report must state that the applicant has an equivalent of a US 4 year Bachelor’s degree.
6. English Proficiency: Our Lady of the Lake University requires a high level of proficiency in English. This requirement will ensure that all students who speak English as a second language are able to participate fully in University life, both in and out of class. The Office of International Admissions will conduct a full file review considering all application materials submitted in application package to make a determination about the student’s level of English proficiency. Students who were born in a native English-speaking country but were educated in a non-native English-speaking country will, however, be required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The English proficiency can be satisfied by submitting a minimum test score of one of the following:
a. minimum TOEFL score (from a test date within two years) of:
550 for paper-based testing (PBT),
79 internet-based testing (iBT)
b. minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall band, or
Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Photocopies or other duplication of scores are not acceptable. The TOEFL score must not be more than two years old. The institutional code for Our Lady of the Lake University for the TOEFL is 6550. There is no institutional code for the IELTS examination.
IELTS test scores are verified online
7. Official Admission Test: GRE, GMAT, or MAT
Required test scores (GRE or GMAT) should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Our Lady of the Lake University and the test must have been taken within the last five years.
• The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) website is
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) website is
The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) website is
The MAT is administered in the OLLU Assessment Center by appointment.
Contact the OLLU Assessment Center
for additional information.
Each graduate degree program has its own specific admission requirements.
Review individual program requirements online
Letter of Recommendation Forms for Graduate Degree Programs may be downloaded
from the OLLU website.
All required documents and credentials should be mailed to:
Our Lady of the Lake University
411 S.W. 24th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Questions/concerns about the application process, send an email to
Our lady of the Lake University
© Copyright 2014, Our Lady of the Lake University, 411 S.W. 24th St., San Antonio, TX 78207 | Tele: 210-434-6711