MASTER OF ARTS IN ENGLISH ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions previously attended.
(Download special instructions for submitting transcripts from outside the United States and transcripts not in English.)
• A grade point average of 3.00 in the major field of study and a 2.50 overall average. If the applicant has not majored in English or Communication Arts, a GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work is required.
• Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s potential for success in a master’s level English program.
• Submission of satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within thelast five years.
• At least 18 hours of advanced course work in English and/or Communication Arts. Students who earn a minor in English at OLLU and earn a 3.0 GPA or above in at least 12 advanced English hours are also eligible.
To view the PDF files on this page click on the following link to download the free version of Adobe Reader.
Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Our Lady of the Lake University that fall under one of these areas: (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.