PsyD in Counseling Psychology
Doctoral degree students will be expected to complete the following requirements in addition to required coursework:
- Written and Clinical (oral) qualifying examinations.
- The written examination should be taken during the third or fourth year of coursework and must be passed prior to applying for internship. Students who have not passed the written qualifying exam may re-take the exam.
- The clinical examination should be taken
during the third or fourth year of coursework and must be passed prior
to applying for internship. Students who have not passed the clinical qualifying exam may re-take the exam.
- Dissertation - a dissertation is required as part of the doctoral degree program. A student must register for at least nine semester hours of dissertation (PSYC 9395, PSYC 9396, and PSYC 9397). If a student has not completed the dissertation by the end of the course sequence, PSYC 9198 must be registered for each semester until completion.
- Pre-Doctoral Internship - the pre-doctoral internship must be complete in one year of full-time or two years of part-time commitment. A student must register for three semester hours which will be PSYC 9190, 9191, and 9192 during the internship. All internships must be approved by the training director.
- Residency Requirement - doctoral students must attend full-time (18 semester hours or more in one year) at least three consecutive years.
Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Our Lady of the Lake University that fall under one of these areas: (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.