Our Lady of the Lake University offers a Master of Science degree in Accounting through the School of Business and Leadership. The program is offered on the weekends and can be completed in one year. It is designed for the working professional with classes that meet every other weekend to allow for a balance of work, family and school.
Students who complete the Master of Science program will be eligible to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. In addition, students will be eligible for other accounting certifications including the Certified Internal Auditor and Certified Management Accountant.
Students who tested during the April-June 2016 cycle of the CPA Exam passed at a rate of 50 percent--higher than the national average.
OLLU's accounting faculty members have extensive experience working in the accounting field and bring this experience to the classroom. They serve as mentors and work one-on-one to help you reach your career goals.
- Application and nonrefundable application fee
- Senior standing as an undergraduate student or an earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate level work and a grade point average of 2.5 or better in the undergraduate major
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Miller Analogies Test; test must have been taken within the last five years
- Two letters of recommendation regarding the applicant's character, motivation, and intellectual ability
- A resume highlighting managerial or professional work experience